New Jersey Is First State to Pay Out MILLIONS Over Nursing Home COVID Deaths — Will NY, MI, PA and CA Follow?

New Jersey Is First State to Pay Out MILLIONS Over Nursing Home COVID Deaths — Will NY, MI, PA and CA Follow?

New Jersey will pay out $53 million to settle claims that the state’s negligence contributed to the deaths of more than 100 veterans at state-run homes during the coronavirus pandemic.

Several Democrat-run states, including New York, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and California, had a policy not to turn away patients who had tested positive for the coronavirus. As a result COVID wiped out thousands of nursing home patients in these Democrat-run states.

A 2020 study revealed 45% of all US coronavirus deaths occurred in nursing homes.

Only 0.6% of the US population lives in nursing homes but over 45% of the coronavirus deaths were in these centers.

In August 2020 the Department of Justice requested data from four Democrat governors on their orders to send sick COVID-19 patients to nursing homes.

As TGP reported numerous times last year — Five Democrat governors sent COVID-19 patients into nursing homes.

Via Jordan Schachtel at Medium.

Democrat Governor Andrew Cuomo in New York state.

Democrat Governor Andrew Cuomo in New York state.

Democrat Governor Gavin Newsom in California.

Democrat Governor Gavin Newsom in California.

Democrat Governor Tom Wolf in Pennsylvania

Democrat Governor Tom Wolf in Pennsylvania

Democrat Governor Phil Murphy in New Jersey

Democrat Governor Phil Murphy in New Jersey

Democrat Governor Phil Murphy in New Jersey

Democrat Governor Gretchen Whitmer in Michigan.

Democrat Governor Gretchen Whitmer in Michigan.

But on Friday the Biden Department of Justice dropped all of the investigations into the Democrat governors who tossed the sick COVID patients into the nursing homes killing tens of thousands of American seniors.

Now New Jersey will pay out $53 million for their deadly mistake.

Philadelphia 10 reported:

New Jersey will pay about $53 million to settle claims that the state’s negligence contributed to the deaths of more than 100 veterans at state-run homes during the coronavirus pandemic, attorneys representing the bulk of the claimants said Thursday.

The settlement reached this week involved the families of 119 residents of veterans homes in Paramus and Menlo Park, according to attorney Paul da Costa. Da Costa’s firm represented 72 of the claimants, who will receive about $32 million in total. The families had filed notices of intent to sue but hadn’t yet formally filed lawsuits, da Costa said.

“This settlement of course does not replace their lost loved ones who served their countries honorably, but it certainly represents a good measure of civil justice,” da Costa said. “My clients do take satisfaction in the fact that there has been a resolution that they believe gives a voice to their lost loved ones.”

More than 200 residents of the homes have died during the pandemic. Democratic Gov. Phil Murphy’s administration came under criticism in April 2020 when it directed veterans homes not to turn away patients who had tested positive, an order that was later rescinded.

In October 2020, the Justice Department sent a letter to Murphy questioning its nursing home death count and announced it was launching a formal investigation of the state’s veterans homes after receiving what it described as incomplete answers to an earlier request for data.

(Article by Jim Hoft republished from TheGatewayPundit)

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

AD News

AD News

نموذج الاتصال